Saturday, March 26, 2016

Enduring to the end.

This week I feel I need to share an experience I had. Lately I have begun to feel weighed down by all the things on my mind. things that may seem small but for me they cause conflict and uncertainty in this head of mine. Here are most of the items I was thinking about this week in no particular order; Showing my children I love them, struggling with math, Needing to finish my book report for school, Political decisions I need to make, The state of the country and world affairs, Figuring out what I need to do with my life in regards to a career path and employment.

I was listening to my scriptures , I say listening but I ended up in deep thought. As I found myself getting sucked down into feeling miserable about all the above I felt and even heard a voice say to me "endure to the end". Now this may seem a little unusual for the timing but this was the forth time I heard this phrase in the last few weeks. One was from a fellow student. One was from my math instructor. I read that phrase in this weeks scripture block. I heard it the other morning.

Friday came and I thought to get caught up on some of my religion class work. I had some video segments to watch that went with this weeks lesson. I listened to them while driving between stops. One of those videos brought the Spirit into my heart very strongly. I would like to share that with you.

As I first listened to this video I heard President Eyring mention that while we have challenges in this life it is important for us to endure to the end. I needed to hear that again. Life gets challenging and while no two people have the exact same challenge, it is how we react to said challenges that make up who we are. As the video states, we all have "Mountains to climb".

If I may, (and I may because it is my blog), I would like to quote from a song that I think helps illustrate this idea as well.With a small twist and a little imagination I think this song has some eternal truths in it. It is from the song "The Climb" by Miley Cirus:

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down,
But no, I'm not breaking
I may not know it,
But these are the moments
That I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep goin',

And I, I gotta be strong
Just keep pushing on,
Here is a link to the video: Miley Cirus,The Climb. give it a try and see what you think.

So I would like to encourage all to "Endure to the End". Our journey here is but a short time and we should be making the most of it, and learning all we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment